Student Dies From Chewing Exploding Gum

A chemistry student from the northern Ukrainian city of Konotop was killed when a stick of chewing gum exploded in his mouth, Ukrainian media reported on Tuesday.

The 25-year-old student of Ukraine’s Kiev Polytechnic Institute was working at a computer in his parents’ house late on Saturday when the incident occurred.

“A loud pop was heard from the student’s room,” the ukranews.com portal said, citing an aide to the city’s police chief. “When his relatives entered the room they saw that the lower part of the young man’s face had been blown off.”

continue reading from source

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s